Khanda Automotive Engineering (Pty) Ltd
A member of the DAWENU Group
Our Core Business
We specialize in Engine rebuilding and all special engineering in the automotive industry
Benefits of doing business with us:
- We have a BEE status Level 2 with a subsequent BEE Procurement Recognition Level of 125%.
- We are ISO 9001:2008 quality accredited.
- We guarantee deliverables!
KHANDA AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERING (PTY) LTD
– COMPANY PROFILE –
As a Black Owned South African Company, Khanda Automotive Engineering, has built up a high and esteemed reputation since its inception in 2001.
Our company guarantees professional, high quality deliverables in the realm of automotive engineering, fuel injection, and in the automotive electrical field.
We work according to Dekra ISO 9001:9002 quality certification and our automotive engineering workshop facility as well as staff expertise is highly valued amongst our high profile commercial and military clients.
Please inspect and evaluate Khanda Automotive Engineering’s profile set-out below so that you may also become convinced to contract us as your registered and approved service provider for the repair- and rebuilding of all your diesel & petrol engines.
BEE SHAREHOLDING – AND MANAGEMENT STRUCTURE
Khanda Automotive Engineering (Pty) Ltd is owned by PGSI Investment holdings (Pty) Ltd which is 51% black female owned. PGSI Investment holdings is a level 2 contributor to Black Economic Empowerment in South Africa.
Khanda Automotive Engineering is in its own right, evaluated as a Level 2, contributor to BEE, which allows for 125% BEE procurement recognition
Mrs Bongi Nyembe is the majority shareholder and director, she is assisted by Mr.M.A Stoffel ( Owen Mashaba ),Mr Phillip Moeketse on the board of Khanda Engineering.
Zander Smit, General Manager of the company, joined the original group of companies in 1998. Zander is a technical expert and in charge of all management aspects of the company.
As an Automotive Engineering workshop, Khanda makes use of the following machinery and equipment:
- Crank grinder Crack detector
- Crank polishers Crank bending machine
- Reboring machines Honer
- 30 Ton press Line bore machines
- Serdi cylinder head machine Surface grinder
- Aluminium cylinder head cutter Valve refacer
- Small end cutter Cylinder head pressure tester
- Conrod resize machine Conrod honer
- Lathe Milling machine
- Press drill Flywheel grinder
- Brake drum cutter Booby cleaners
- Engine stands
- Dyno Testers
We pride ourselves in the ‘Intensive Care Unit’ like tidiness and neatness of all our working spaces and especially of assembly cells- and Dyno control room areas.
We specialize in the repair- and rebuilding of all models of diesel and petrol engines in the following makes:
- Deutz (We are appointed Military agents)
- Mercedes Benz
- Atlantis Diesel Engines (ADE)
- UD Trucks South Africa
- John Deere
Our capabilities includeDyno Testing with the most recent technology as well as automotive machining functions, which include:
- Cylinder head recon
- Regrind & Polish
- Flywheel skimming
- Conrod Resizing
- Straightening and balancing
- Line Bore
- Pressure testing
- Crack Testing
- Added to this capabilities is Makwena PTA a Bosch accredited dealer,under the same roof as the Dawenugroup,makwena PTA have the following capabilities:
- Diesel pump testing & repair
- Injector testing & repair
- Testing & rebuilding of alternators,starters and auto electrical systems
- Testing and rebuilding of turbo chargers
- Testing & rebuilding of compressors,air brake boosters and valves
- Air systems
- Hydraulic systems
All repair- and rebuilding jobs are done in strict accordance with OEM Specifications & Stipulations.
Quality Control is conducted strictly according to German DEKRA ISO 9001:2008 quality certification standards, which is overseen by DAWENU’s Planning Department on a daily basis, in order to avoid non-conformities.
Needs of our clients as well as their queries are professionally managed and investigated if the need arises and in the rare occurrence of such instances, special expert investigations are referred to professional tertiary institutions.
Normal production lead time for the rebuilding of engines is 5 working days after confirmation of order.
In order to back-up our service delivery transparency, we use the well known Autoplan Software for integration of job card control. With integration of all data pertaining to a specific job, from quotation, to job card, to invoice; reflecting each and every step or action of the process, with the ability to store and link relevant photographic evidence and all related documentation pertaining to the specific job.
We are also a accredited RMI retail motor industry organasation.
As SAQA and MERSETA accredited institution, Khanda Automotive Engineering is authorized to present apprenticeship training up to NQF level 3.
Only genuine Spare Parts are used, unless specifically otherwise authorized in writing by the OEM.
Khanda Automotive Engineering holds limited stock, and spares are typically ordered for each job;
- All spares are supplied on a “cost plus” basis;
- Spares are accepted from outside sources only when dealing with an OEM (conditions apply); in all other instances spares are sourced by Khanda Automotive Engineering.
Khanda Automotive Engineering Warranties
- LDV/Passenger Vehicle engines – first of 3 Months or 10 000 km
- Heavy Vehicle Engines – first of 12 Months or 100 000 km
- Components – first of 3 Months or 10 000 km
Warranties are subject to prescribed post delivery engine and/or component service and maintenance strictly in accordance with OEM service schedules.
SERVICE AND AFTER SALES SERVICE.
This is the ‘face’ of our business and is based on service delivery. Most service organizations perform quality service and render after sale service. However, the question should always be posed as to how prepared they are to perform these services at all hours under trying circumstances. This is the Khanda standard of preparedness to assist all valued clients under all circumstances.
Khanda Automotive Engineering renders a free delivery and collection service within a 120km radius from Pretoria in all complete engine rebuilds (outside 120km radius current AA rates apply).
Pricing is based on a principle of professional value for money. Khanda Automotive Engineering is not in the business of low standard jobs.
Either we do it professionally or we don’t do it at all !
- All prices are quoted Ex-factory
- All prices exclude VAT
Pricing is always negotiable, pending contract value, and based on OEM prescribed guidance, with OEM approved flat rates being quoted. Where no OEM flat rate exists, hours will be quoted to mutual acceptance.
Financial administration is conducted with Pastell Accounting software and figures are prepared to the point of trial balance before the complete audit pack is sent to the accountants.
- Normal credit approval procedures are sufficient;
- Invoices are related to an official order number, with additional work performed being awarded an additional order number(s);
- Payment to be effected within 30 days after date of invoice;
- Payment is preferred by means of Electronic Bank Transfer.
- A 2.5% settlement on immediate payment settlements.
- A deposit of 50% required with order confirmation.
- Outstanding 50% payable in cash or by EFT before final acceptance Ex-Factory Pretoria (cash payments can be made through Speed Point at our offices).
Khanda Automotive Engineering has a comprehensive insurance policy, which covers the unlikelihood of bad workmanship to the amount of R5 million. Clients are as a matter of coarse responsible to make their own insurance arrangements. Khanda Automotive Engineering will not be liable for any loss or damage to client’s property while same is on premises of Khanda during repairs or rebuilding.
Khanda Automotive Engineering has contracted Botha Accountants to manage financial control measures , which assures sound financial practices in the office. Mr. Botha was the former President of the Commercial Financial Association.
129 3rd Avenue
Tel (012) 548 9823 \ Fax: (012) 548 7479 \ E-mail: email@example.com
We make use of the legal services of Mr. Chris van Dyk:
Van Dyk & Horn Attorneys
240 Orient St Arcadia
Tel: 012 3423505 \ E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All HR/IR functions are managed by the Pgsi Holdings (Pty) Ltd, which is also the holding company for Khanda Automotive Engineering (Pty) Ltd.
Individual career planning for personnel is regarded as a high priority in order to motivate personnel and to plan, maintain, and extend our high quality of operational expertise. A career matrix regarding each individual staff member is in place.
Khanda at any time employs > 32 full time personnel. We also contract individuals with expertise for specific short term individual tasks.
All our labour related disputes are managed by SEESA, and accredited Labour Relations company.
Our contact details:Street address: Cnr. Helen & Taljaard Streets, Hermanstad, Pretoria, Gauteng Postal Address: P.O. Box 283, Hermanstad, Pretoria, 0001, Gauteng Tel: +27 012 377 9800 Fax: +27 012 379 6049 Email: email@example.com Contact Persons: Zander Smit: 071 334 1719 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Contact Person: Johnny Venter: +27 12 9428407 Website: www.dawenugroup.com